You love shopping and are looking for information on various markets? In this short article you will find information on the most famous local weekly markets, short supply chain markets and antique markets in Tuscany.
WEEKLY MARKETS OF VALDELSA & CHIANTI
Weekly market This type of market traditionally takes place in the morning from 8 a.m. to 12.30 a.m./1 p.m. in the town’s main squares and streets. Generally the stalls are mixed food, clothing, vegetables, fruit and vegetables, local products and gastronomy.
Below are the weekly markets in the Chianti area.
- Monday: San Casciano Val di Pesa
- Tuesday: Poggibonsi
- Wednesday: Siena, Certaldo
- Thursday: Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, San Gimignano
- Friday: Colle Val d’Elsa
- Saturday: Greve in Chianti, Castellina in Chianti.
FARMERS’ AND ARTISANS’ MARKETS
Short supply chain markets with local, organic and craft products.
- Mercato del Pagliaio: every fourth Sunday of the month in Greve in Chianti.
- Campagna amica market: every Tuesday morning in Siena, every Saturday morning in Greve in Chianti, every Saturday morning in Florence.
THE MOST FAMOUS ANTIQUE MARKETS OF TUSCANY
Antiques markets If you love antiques and vintage or if you are looking for something special, we recommend these markets instead:
- Arezzo: every first Sunday of the month and the preceding Saturday
- Lucca: every third Sunday of the month and the preceding Saturday
- Florence: the last Sunday of every month