One of the strengths of our farmhouse is certainly our central location. In Barberino Tavarnelle, between Florence and Siena, in the heart of Tuscany.
Surrounded by beautiful views. Vineyards and olive groves as far as the eye can see. Our farmhouse is in the middle of the countryside but not isolated! Both Barberino Val d’Elsa and Tavarnelle Val di Pesa can be reached on foot in about 15 minutes.
What to visit in the town of Barberino Tavarnelle > detailed article HERE
The Florence-Siena motorway junction is 10 minutes away by car, this makes it easy to visit the main cities of art and the most famous villages in Tuscany.
Places to visit in Tuscany
Below is a list of the main Tuscan places of interest:
- Florence: 30 Km, one of Italy’s most famous cities of art, cradle of the Renaissance and guardian of great works of art and architecture.
- Siena: 38 Km, an ancient medieval city that hosts the famous Palio horse race in Piazza del Campo. The Duomo Cathedral in Siena is one of the most beautiful in the region.
- Certaldo: 15 Km, medieval town, home of Boccaccio and the Mercantia festival.
- Montefioralle: 18 Km, one of the oldest villages in Chianti. Small and picturesque.
- Colle Val d’Elsa: 18 Km, famous for its crystal production and its path along the turquoise waters of the Elsa river.
- San Gimignano: 20 Km, the city of towers also known as the Tuscan “Manhattan”.
- Greve in Chianti: 20 Km, the central square hosts famous events such as the Expo del Chianti Classico and markets such as the Mercato del Pagliaio.
- Castellina in Chianti: 20 Km, a village with a panoramic position, crossing Via delle Volte you will feel catapulted into the past.
- Panzano in Chianti: 20 Km, village famous for the Conca d’Oro and the butcher poet.
- Monteriggioni: 25 Km, a medieval village known for its walls and model of a fortified town.
- Radda in Chianti: 27 Km, medieval village with particular medieval underground walkways.
- Volterra: 30 Km, stronghold of the Etruscans and famous for its alabaster processing.
- Casole d’Elsa: 32 Km, famous for its events such as the living crib.
More distant towns
- Pisa: 75 Km, visit Piazza dei Miracoli, home of the famous crooked tower.
- Montalcino: 80 Km, home of the famous Brunello di Montalcino
- Arezzo: 100 Km, city of art also famous for its antiques market
- Lucca: 100 Km, known for its city walls and for the Duomo.
- Osservatorio Polifunzionale del Chianti: 12 Km astronomical observatory and botanical park.
- Archaeological park in Poggibonsi: 15 Km
- Chianti Sculpture Park in Pievasciata: 35 Km park with modern art.
- Church of San Galgano: 60 Km a roofless abbey and sword in the rock.
- Other areas to visit that require a little more time to get there are the Val d’Orcia, the Maremma, the Garfagnana etc.
If you have any questions or suggestions, you can always find me or Mum at the farm. Have fun exploring Tuscany! Jara 🙂